The Dust project celebrates the endurance, integrity and courage of those affected by asbestos related diseases. It is a creative collaboration between these people and artists, supported and directed by Donna Jackson.
Dust has been produced in Victoria by Hubcap Productions in partnership with the Asbestos Diseases Society of Victoria, as a vehicle for a public awareness campaign. It has been developed and presented by communities in Ballarat, Williamstown, Geelong, Shepparton and Sale. In each place it has been used by communities to tell local stories of exposure to asbestos and resulting illnesses and deaths. The project is a community development process with lobbies for asbestos awareness outcomes through a multimedia/choral/theatre presentation. Participation involves unions and the building industry as well as non-government asbestos groups and local performers including actor, choirs, dancers and asbestos activists.
Recently Dust has received major funding from the Australia Council and CBUS to tour the show to South Australia, New South Wales and Queensland in 2013.
Right Angle Events has been engaged to manage the production, administration and tour logistic element of this show. Which includes but not limited to:
- Management of all finances and tracking of budget
- Contracting of all performers, staff and volunteers
- Booking and coordinating all flights, accommodation and ground transport
- Venue liaison across all states
- Coordinate all technical element of the show across all states
- Risk management across all venues and show requirements
- Manage all staff and performers on the ground
- Prepare all financial reports and manage full acquittal of the project
Right Angle Events is looking forward to working with Donna Jackson and the communities in each state to mount this show.