Are you looking for someone to organise your event?April 19, 2017
Influence of technology on event organisationJune 16, 2017
In order to create a perfect event you should have the exceptional organisational skills and rigid attention to detail. You need to make sure that on the day of event everything goes according to plan so that all the time and hard work you have put will not go unnoticed.
For an event to be successful, you need to build a team around you that has all these abilities. Here are some great tips to ensure a seamless event:
- Planning: Always start early. Never underestimate the time it takes to get all the pieces of the puzzle in place. At least plan 3-4 months prior for a large event and 2-3 months for a smaller event.
- Communication: Miscommunication is one of the reasons for the failure of the events. So with the clear communication assign portions of the event to each team member. Interaction with individuals at all levels of an organisation is crucial part of the job. Having excellent communication skills and being personable will go a long way in developing good relationships with your team.
- Create a blue print: This should be a document that will be built up from when you first take the brief. You may want to split the document into sections, it should include deadlines dates and assigned actions.
- Attention to detail: After getting the entire basic outline for your event, walk it through as if you were the customer. Where do they go when they arrive, what they do, how do they navigate the event, what are the key contact points.
- Stay Calm and Remain Flexible: Things are meant to change, so you will need to remain flexible and be ready to implement Plan B. Not only that, budget restraints may mean you have to compromise on initial plans and make the best of what you have.